RESPONSIBLE TO: Head Chef
To assist the head chef in the day to day operation of the kitchen.
– To monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
– To ensure quality control measures and hygiene systems are achieved at all times.
– To have total accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen service.
– To purchase all food and food related products using company suppliers.
– To actively participate in the ongoing management and development of menus.
– Weekly Stock takes of all kitchen supplies.
– Stock rotation and use by dates for the production of food are followed and food is
produced so not to contribute to wastage.
– To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef.
– To keep high standards of personal hygiene and clean uniform.
– Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that a full and handover takes
place at the end of the shift.
– Ensure you have an understanding of all Hotel regulations.
– To be responsible for the actions and lead all staff within the Kitchen.
– To ensure operational areas are properly prepared for all functions each day.
– To participate in the staff meetings
– Manage staff rotas, holidays and absences.
– To participate in the identification of training needs of all staff within line of responsibility on both an individual and group basis, including work methods, safety at work, health, hygiene and quality.
– To undertake staff briefing with all team members at the start of their working day.
What you get when working with us:
– 50% discount on all your meals from the restaurant
– Complimentary and automatic access to PerkPal – a staff benefit platform offering
discounts, freebies, benefits and perks
– Extensive tips when working for the restaurant (10% service charge on our menu)
– Team building activities
– Training plan and monthly personal development activities
– 1 st Month free accommodation to help you settle in the city.
– Bike scheme available
– All round great working environment
– Available Mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, skiing, climbing on your doorstep