The Glen Mhor Hotel is committed to ensure that ALL our guests enjoy comfortable facilities and are made to feel welcome. Therefore, we aim that guests, employees, and those who both stay and/or visit are treated equally and according to their needs. Inclusion is embedded in our ethos and culture. We are aware that our hotel buildings are within a conservation area and whilst subjected to strict building regulations we continue to deliver a balance between respecting our environment/history and being accessible to all.
You can read our statements on the gender pay gap, slavery and human trafficking and procurement.
- We can be contacted by telephone, email, social media or post and are happy to discuss any requirement needs prior to stay/visit.
- We have a website outlining our services and terms and have illustrated brochures in every room.
- We have our own Glen Mhor Hotel App – which allows our guests to check in, order and use our facilities remotely.
- The Glen Mhor is situated on the banks of the Ness River in Inverness, and a just 5 min walk to the city centre. We have a car parking and secure covered cycle shelter.
- There are directions along with accessible travel listed on our website under directions.
- We have a selection of noise cancelling headphones for both adults and children to use during your stay – please book in advance.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Entrance to the hotel by vehicle is from Haugh Road.
- We have a large carpark and designated disabled parking.
- The car park surface is flat and has a gravel surface.
- The car park is lit up at night.
- Currently the easiest entrance by wheelchair is from the front of the hotel on Ness Bank.
- The front reception entrance has 2 small steps and then one very small step.
- The entrance door is wide.
- There is ramp access to the main hotel reception at the side of the reception and can be accessed just off the car park and next to the distillery/brewery UileBheist.
- We can offer assistance with luggage.
- We have a secure 36 unit covered cycle shelter and have several bikes available for our guests to use. The area has lighting and is lit at night with CCTV. It is situated next to the carpark. We can also recommend local bike and ebike hire companies.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Reception is on the ground floor. The floor is level and carpeted.
- The Reception desk height is 108cm. There is a seating area adjacent to the Reception desk and check in can be completed here if required.
- There is a large open plan lounge area next to the reception. The lounge is made up of large leather sofas, single armchairs with low level coffee tables.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Restaurant and lounge are accessible on one level and also carpeted
- Due to the nature of the old buildings, we do not have a lift facility to upper bedrooms, however we do have 21 rooms available on the ground floor rooms.
- The fire alarm system is sonic. Should this be necessary, assistance will be given if evacuation is require and per the PEEP form (Personal emergency evaluation plan) instructions that will be discussed with you at check in.
- We have several noise cancelling headphones available for both adults and children if required.
- We have a selection of sensory fidget bags available at reception and restaurant if required.
- There are toilets available next to reception.
Bar, Restaurant and Public Areas
- Our Waterside restaurant over looks the river Ness and a wide entrance door.
- The Waterside has full waiting service and our staff are well trained and can talk you through all menus and drink options.
- All seating can be moved to accommodate requirements.
- Most chairs are without arms although chairs with arms are available.
- There is background music in the Restaurant.
- There is a separate disabled toilet along with other toilet facilities.
- The reception lounge is made up of large leather sofas, single armchairs with low level coffee tables.
- The hotel made up of a selection of townhouses and main hotel along Ness Bank overlooking the River Ness. We have 126 bedrooms, with 21 rooms on the ground floor – all ensuite with a selection of baths and/or shower options.
- We have three dedicated bedrooms that accommodate wheelchair access and one with wet room shower.
- All bedrooms have telephones.
People who are blind or visually impaired
We have trained staff to help with any guest who may be visually impaired and who can talk you through the hotel areas. We also are dog friendly and accept guide dogs in all areas of the hotel.
Assistance or Therapy Dogs
We are a dog friendly hotel and assistance or therapy dogs are welcome in all areas of the hotel.
Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) forms for guests with a
In the very unlikely event of an evacuation, we ask that on check in that you complete a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP). A PEEP determines the evacuation procedures for any guests with a disability; this could include mobility issues, hearing, visual impairment, or those with learning difficulties. The plan allows us to ensure that both staff and guest understand their role with a clear course of action should an evacuation be required along with named staff who will help.
If you require any further information relating to accessibility of the Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone: 01463234308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org