Sustainable Development Goals
At Glen Mhor, we are committed to creating a sustainable future that aligns with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. These goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and improve the lives and prospects of everyone everywhere. Adopted by all UN Member States in 2015, these 17 goals set out a 15-year plan to achieve a sustainable future by 2030.
In response to our commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we have developed an action plan that outlines our targets and goals for the years 2023-2024. This plan will be reviewed and developed every quarter to ensure we are on track to meet our objectives.
Action Plan 2023-2024
Our action plan covers a range of areas, including social poverty, the cost of living crisis, world poverty, mental health, disability employment, gender equality, and environmental sustainability. Some of our key initiatives include:
- Supporting staff via the Real Living Wage
- Developing links with local homeless programs and food banks
- Fundraising for the South African Children’s Charitable Trust
- Improving mental health support for staff
- Creating Inclusive Recruitment Practices
- Reducing our carbon footprint through sustainable energy sources
- Promoting local and sustainable sourcing of products